Instant Pot vs Ninja Foodi challenge is on. Whether you live the RV LIFE or you have a full kitchen, do you need another kitchen appliance?
Instant Pot vs Ninja Foodi
Dan and I did a side by side comparison of 2 main brands, Instant Pot vs Ninja Foodi.
Check out the functions, size, and accessories of each one.
Will it work as well as they say?
Both the Instant Pot and Ninja Foodi make promises of being able to do everything from slow cook to cook a frozen chicken in less than an hour. There are many different features and functions that will cook food in many different ways, but will it really do all that it says it will?
Dan and I decided to do a side by side comparison and put it on video so we could share the information with our audience.
Check out the video Instant Pot vs Ninja Foodi
Instant Pot vs Ninja Foodi, which did we choose?
Ninja Foodi’s functions include:
- Pressure cook – to lock in flavor
- Steam food – without fat
- Slow cook – low temp and slow cooking allows meats to tenderize.
- Bake/Roast all in one pot
- Fried foods without the guilt – little to no butter or oil needed
- Sear your meat or fish
- Sauté – quick, high temperature for foods that get tender quickly
- Grill your burgers, chicken, steak, fish etc.
What do we think of our Ninja Foodi after 2 years?
When we compared the Instant Pot vs Ninja Foodi 2 years ago we decided on the Ninja Foodi because of the functions, features, and space required. Like most appliances over time they change, Instant Pot has changed over the years and now offers the same features as the Ninja Foodi.
Lets talk about cooking
Let me be honest here, I (Patti) am not big on cooking, I just don’t like it and since Dan loves to cook, I leave it up to him. But there are times I have to cook and I usually choose to use the Ninja Foodi, because I can throw something in frozen and I can quickly and easily make a meal.
Not everything is perfect about the Ninja Foodi
The Ninja Foodi is a fairly large and somewhat heavy appliance. We did struggle to find a place to store it. We had it on the floor under the table but it was in the way. We put it in a cabinet but because it was so high up I couldn’t lift it out. We then found a place for it in the storage bin where we keep our grill.
Why do we need another appliance?
Living the RV LIFE most of us have a bbq grill, a stove, oven and/or convection microwave, so why does anyone need another appliance?
- Rain/Cold/Hot Days – when we don’t want to grill outside we use our Ninja Foodi
- What’s for dinner? – we just got back from a busy day of creating content for our YouTube Channel or Podcast and we didn’t plan for dinner. No problem take a frozen whole chicken out, place it in the Ninja Foodi, cook, and brown in less than an hour.
- Creating fried food without guilt- We love fired food, who doesn’t? But I don’t want the grease and calories. The Air Fryer is the answer.
- What’s for dessert? Bake dessert while the food is on the grill
- Easy clean up – cook a whole meal in the easy to clean pot.